Dayton author/producer in need of dependable people to help promote products on a part-time basis at conventions, film festivals, book signings and other promotional events.
Before applying, the following qualifications are mandatory:
1) Age doesn't matter as long as applicants are at least eighteen, however, you must have intelligence and looks that can kill - or at least have the charm to melt the hearts of every movie producer, publisher, promoter, director and editor seen at the Sci-Fi, Horror and Film conventions/festivals. I also have a small group of very talented men on my promo team, so don't let the fact that you may not be a female model or actress stop you from applying. If you are talented, can do promotional work and think you can sell our movies . . . apply.
2) Must be able to put aside any problems with husbands/wives/boyfriends/whatever and be able to concentrate on promotional strategies. Trust me, I have enough problems of my own to worry about . . . I don't need to hear about you and your boyfriend having a fight, and I don't need to see your husbands and/or wives tagging along at every event for any reason. This is a job. You can't take them with you to hang out with you at any other job, and I can't have them hanging out around our dealer's table.
3) It would be nice if you live in the Dayton, Ohio area. Most of my current problems are a direct result of models living too far out of the area to do me any good. The exception would be if you have conventions in your area of the country.
4) MUST have computer Internet access and at least a minimum amount of computer experience, so all concerned can communicate with each other over the Net.
5) Having your own transportation is not mandatory, however, it would be helpful if you were to be selected to handle an event on your own.
6) Must be "fun-loving" enough to enjoy all of our conventions' dealer rooms and our conventions' after-parties and still be depended upon to remember why you are there - promotional work. You must also have the right attitude . . . being snobbish in front of potential customers at my dealer table just won't cut it with me. (More below) Trust me, with the group of wonderful people I already have on the promo team, if you aren't fun-loving and outgoing . . . you just won't fit in.
7) Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age . . . older would be better.
8) MUST be physically able and vigorous enough to withstand the stress and long hours of weekend-long Sci-Fi/Horror/Film conventions. Here are some examples: Amanda's main routine at the conventions is dancing to draw in customers. Sherri and Stacey use their style and grace at the conventions to meet people and introduce them to my site. The Baron roams around the conventions made up as . . . well, Baron von Wolfstein could be anything from a werewolf, or zombie to a space alien` Tim is an artist, and uses his keen wit to entice people to the table. Nikky? Well, Nikky pretty much promotes as she pleases at the conventions she attends. The point is, everyone has fun, and all the girls can go for hours on end without running to me with a complaint every ten minutes.
9) You must . . . MUST be dependable! If you are expected to be at a film festival, book signing or convention at 9:00 AM and you aren't thee on time, I don't want to hear excuses such as you had to stop to buy makeup on the way, or you overslept or whatever. You must also be able to work well with others including my wife and the other members of the promo team, and you must be intelligent enough to follow simple instructions without supervision.
10) The most important rule for my promo team is, "Thou shalt not display any nudity on any web site, or any other form of media." Period. No exceptions. The reasons are simple. First, the dignity and image of our promo team must be maintained, and second, about a quarter of the hits to my site come from people under the age of eighteen. If word got out that one of my models were displaying nudity on her site, then the parents of those kids wouldn't be allowing their kids to hit my site and the parents themselves would even stop buying items from my affiliates. This would cost me a fortune . . . so no nudity whatsoever will be allowed for any member of the CarlMerritt.com promo team.
Travel will always be arranged, or else you will be paid travel expenses to all conventions, film fests and book signings. Lodging will also be included, meaning the sharing of a hotel room with another model if the event is located out of the reasonable driving area. Experience as an actress is not necessary, but would be very helpful when dealing with people in the entertainment industry. If all applicants meet the above requirements, models will be chosen based upon intelligence, previous sales experience and the author's estimate of their ability to be accepted within the entertainment industry's inner circles. (In other words, those hosting these conventions and their celebrity guests love to party for a few hours after the dealers' rooms close, and they look to associate with others who also enjoy the late-night life. This may seem strange, however, a convention's hotel bar on a Saturday night is where I've made some of my best deals, and most likely the same will also apply to you. To get an idea of what you may be getting into, that's also the place where you may see anything from a blood-soaked zombie drinking a Rum & Coke, to a Klingon playing the piano, to some of the top names in the entertainment industry singing Karaoke and being thrown into a fake jail cell for having such a bad voice. So, yeah . . . like I said above in requirement #6, being "fun-loving" and having the right attitude are pretty much mandatory for anyone wanting to break into the film business - and it's also mandatory for promo models working for a certain Sci-Fi writer and his wife at conventions and film festivals... )
The benefits of being part of the CarlMerritt.com promotion team are out of this world to anyone wishing to break into different areas of the entertainment industry. As long as you are still promoting my products at the conventions, you will be allowed to promote yourself as well. Even if you aren't able to attend all of the conventions, being a member of the team still allows you the opportunity to network beyond imagination. For example, since joining the team just a few years ago, Amanda Fire (as of 12/213/09) has already been in numerous indie movies and has many more events lined up where she can network even more. Amanda has also taken advantage of her recent contacts to get more modeling jobs than she can keep track of half the time. As a member of the team, you will have these same opportunities. You will eventually meet Hollywood actors, writers, publishers, producers and God-only-knows who else in the entertainment industry, and being a member of the team opens a lot of doors that normally would remain closed for you.
For more details, including monetary arrangements, send a recent portrait of yourself, description, and a brief resume by E-Mail to: Carl@CarlMerritt.com To keep from being accidentally deleted, please put the words, "Do Not Delete" in the subject line. It doesn't matter if you are presently a doctor, or a dancer. It doesn't matter if you are presently a supervisor, or a secretary - manager, or maid. No experience required - you will be told what to expect, and this type of promotional work is easy to pick up on anyway. You will, of course, always be treated with the greatest respect, you will have the times of your life and you will meet people in the entertainment industry in case you want to promote yourself also to film makers or book publishers. So, if you meet the above requirements and wouldn't mind a little extra income and a lot of fun - plus, a lot of exposure to the entertainment industry, please apply soon.
This advertisement will run just about forever because as the number of conventions per year increase, so will my need for models. Please . . . only intelligent, trustworthy and responsible people should bother to apply. If you are constantly having problems with your boyfriend/husband/wife/family, do us both a favor and don't even bother applying. Once your resume is submitted, do not inquire about your status. You will be contacted if chosen.